Friday, July 11, 2008

Rocky Point

We were lucky enough to make two trips to Rocky Point at the beginning of the summer this year. The first trip we took was with the my immediate family, the second was with Scott's extended family.


This is my family (minus brother-in-law Martin) in front of the house we stayed in at the beach. (Thanks Jim and Charmaine!) It was fun, especially since this is the first trip in a LONG time that it was (almost)just the immediate family.





This next picture was taken on our second trip during the traditional blowing up of innocent fruit. Kaylin loves to be part of the "big" kids activities! Hailey wanted to try it out this time, but decided it was still a little too scary. I mostly like that all of the "big" kids are running for dear life!







Hailey taught Lindsey how to jump in the water singing Jane of the Jungle like at swimming lessons.











Lindsey made herself a "potty" at the beach. Luckily, she didn't really know what she was doing yet! We did start potty training when we got home though!

















The tide went in and out really far. When it came in, there was a sand bar that created a nice swimming hole for the kids to play in.











Hailey peeking through the tube. She had fun, but you never know if she is going to open up for the camera or hide from it!





This was probably one of the only times wehad the whole family in the water during both trips. It seemed like one of the kids was always needing to go back to the house or camp for something!


12 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful family. Glad we belong to the same one!

Kim Krok said...

No one told me you had a blog! Your family is so adorable!

Ange said...

your girls are so cute-how cool that you have a blog, have a great day

Scott and Michelle said...

Thanks to you all for commenting on my blog...it is a new thing for me, but it is so fun to catch up with everyone this way!

tali wilhelm said...

aww!! your family is so cute! rocky point looked like it was a blast. tell my babies i miss them!

Tim and Mandi said...

Yet another reminder that we didn't make it to rocky point this summer. I'm glad you guys got to go twice thought...once for us maybe! The blog looks great!

Miriam said...

Your pictures make me long for a trip to Rocky Point!

LucyH said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go to mexico! It reminds me of when all the extended family would go. Those were the days.

Ryan Montgomery said...

I love the name of your blog, you are so funny. Good luck with the adoption, you can be in our exclusive club now.

Sandy said...

Oh Yeah I just found your blog. Isn't it addicting? I wish I was in Rocky Point. We will be there in Oct. and Nov. so at least I have something to look forward too. There is nothing like having Turkey on the beach!

the princess said...

hey michelley - it's me, jannet ... your cousin? (well, kind of cousin ...) anyhoo - your kids are so danged cute! grandma (aunt genie) forwarded me your blog addy ... so so cute!! where are you guys at now? are you still in phx?

Scott and Michelle said...

Jannet! Nice to hear from you! We are in Peoria...I feel like a slacker because I haven't even been to see your Grandma yet...life is somehow always very busy! We should get together sometime!