Friday, October 24, 2008

A sad day...but not completely


So....if you haven't heard...Lute retired suddenly and immediately. I am pretty disappointed, but amused that I am actually posting a blog about it. It is so strange the way this has happened that my bet is there is a lot more to the story than has been told so far. Either way, I am sad to see him go and I hope everyone remembers him like I do in this picture from when they won the National Championship in '97. http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/college/100580.php
(you might have to register if you click on the link in order to read the article...sorry)




So, after being bummed out today over Coach Olson, I checked my email and there was one about the Taylor Swift and Def Leppard Crossroads, including this link for them singing Photograph. http://www.cmt.com/videos/def-leppard/292234/photograph-from-cmt-crossroads.jhtml?id=1597706 I am a dork, I admit, but watching this made me feel a little better for the day, and now I am anxiously awaiting Nov. 7th to watch the whole show! (Yes, I am blogging about things I swore to myself I never would...now you know the inner geek in me!!!)

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love it your post! And I'm with you about Lute, I do believe there's a lot more to the story. When I saw him a couple of days ago on a news clip--he seemed tired and a little old. Ah, but how am I going to look at 74!

Stuart Family said...

Why haven't you commented on my blog, so I could add you to my list?:) I just found your blog. Yes, it's been a very sad week here in the Stuart household with Lute leaving the team. Ry is going to lose a few more hairs on his head I think this season. :( Keep in touch. Love the blog. Your kids are growing up.